Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Truffles

I was given the recipe for the easiest truffle  to make.  I know a lot of people already know about it, but this was the first I ever heard of it.  And boy are they easy.

I know there are only three, but most of them were already eaten by the time I decided to post this.  It really does make a lot.
Take a package of Oreos, an 8oz package of cream cheese

Crush the cookies in a food processor or blender.  Mix with the cream cheese.  Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Place in the freezer to harden for 10 minutes or more.  There, the inside of the truffle is done!

Take a package of milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate (we also made some dipped in melted peanut butter chips. yum!)  You may need 2 packages.

Place the chips in a microwave safe bowl and place in microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir, then repeat until melted.  Dip truffles in the chocolate and place back on wax paper.  Refrigerate afterwards.  I then drizzled white chocolate over mine.

How simple right?  And to tast them, you'd really never know it's just oreo's and cream cheese.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment