Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lego inspired advent calendar

I wanted to make an advent calendar this year. I think it was because I haven't been very creative lately and I want to get back to my creative side.

I searched the Internet for fun calendars and came across Paper Plate and Plane blog. She came up with a template for Lego inspired boxes. I made them in red, green and yellow. It was a little time consuming and tedious, but I like how it turned out. Not all the pieces interlock as I would like, but I think that was my placement of the dots.

I'm also not sure this is an advent calendar that will be sustainable for years to come but that's ok. I just wanted something a little different for a change.

Here is the template I used with the blogs address in case you want to go over and check out her tutorial (I can't add a link from my phone :( sorry). The next picture is of the numbered boxes seperated. The last picture is of the boxes put together.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to present the the blocks. I decided that I would let my son find the numbered blocks and build the tree as he goes along.....

Do you use an advent calendar? What kind do you use?





No comments:

Post a Comment