Friday, November 25, 2011

The day after

Traditionally today is the day that the Christmas tree, and decorations go as well as making the pip-a-neir. ( a danish cookie, however in recent years this has been pushed back to Saturdays or Sundays)  Well, I got the tree and decorations up.  I think I counted at least 2000 lights on my tree.  Seriously.  I like a bright tree.  The sad truth is, I really want to go out and get another 400 lights, the top of the tree is looking pretty dim to me.
Remember all those snowflakes I made?  Well, before decorating the tree, I put up several and took a picture.  It looked so pretty, I think I may have to make a few hundred more for next year and only put up the snowflakes. 

with just the lights, see?  Doesn't the top look dim compared to the bottom?

I think next year the tree will be full of snowflakes like these!
I love decorating for the holidays, My house has changed over the last few years.  I seem to have less space to decorate, as my son's needs have taken over the whole of the dining room, and half my table space in the living room has been taken over by Sophie (our hamster).  But what I did do I think looks cute, I didn't take pictures of the pictures on the walls though.

Handmade wooden santas, made by my grandfather, and painted by my grandmother and mother.  These were left over from the days when our family used to have a big Christmas craft sale at Ledgeview Farm.  I miss those days.

My only spot in the once dining room- now Will's therapy room.  I may loose this soon, here's hoping it stays till Christmas!

Some of my colored snowflakes ended up in some windows.  Including my front door, thanks to a friends suggestion.
The Christmas tree is always my favorite.  I dread putting it up because I sneeze the rest of the day, and this year was no exception.  -sneeze- (bless me) And the lights drive me crazy.  I hate putting the lights on, but they look so pretty when done that it's totally worth it.  This year, after the lights were on and 3/4 of the decorations were up, the lights started to act up.  I had 3 fuses blow, and a string that's temperamental, oy vey!   Well, at last they seem to be working, I hope they stay that way!

Will was such a big help putting up the tree, decorating it, and making me take breaks throughout the day to spend quality with my favorite person in the whole world.  Who could ask for a better day than that?

Will put up the garlands by himself, did NOT want my help!

And here's our tree this year.  It's so beautiful.  It's hard to see all the ornaments with this blinding light though. ;-)
My favorite part of the day was putting up this wall display.  Now dad can see what I did with all those 4"x4" blocks of wood he cut for me.  And yes, I meant for it to look random.  I'm hoping to add to this wall in the future.

What did you enjoy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment