Friday, November 4, 2011

Trees

So, you have seen the book trees I made.  I believe that I said I was working on a forest.  Well, I'm happy to say (embarrassed to say?) that I have been busy making more trees.  My aunt was kind enough to find some smaller paperback books at Goodwill when she stopped there a few days ago and bought me a few. Here is the beginning of my forest, although not all trees have stars on top yet.......

I love the different sizes.  I think I wish that I had aged the newer books though.  They seem to really stand out and don't look so vintage as the older books.  Oh well, live and learn.
I was working the 2 days ago with one of my clients, she loves to go for rides, and we had time to kill so we drove all around from Scarborough to Biddeford.  We happened by an old cemetery in Saco.  I was intrigued, so we pulled in and drove around.  These are some of the pictures I took there.





I loved the ivy climbing all over this chapel.  Made it feel like I was in a fairy tale.

On our way home from our drive and then dinner, we happened on this scene.
I don't know about you, but I love looking to the sky.  Watching the clouds drift by constantly changing shape, and the breathtaking colors that light up the sky at sunset.  This was taken just before sunset but the colors were just starting to make an appearance.  I would have driven around looking for a better vantage point for a view of the sunset, but my client was anxious to get home.  What can I say?  I was working, her desires came before my own. (damn my work ethic! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment