Monday, November 7, 2011

What do I make?

 You may remember that my brother got married just over a month ago.  Well, did I tell you that I cleaned up the church after the service?  Did I mention that they had wheat tied in a bow with purple and whites ribbons?  Or that they had see through tubes with willow limbs, twinkle lights and potpourri? Well, they did, it was beautiful.  However all they wanted was the columns.  So what was I to do with this?


left over potpourri

the wheat. ( there was a LOT more than this)

And the ribbons

 I couldn't bring myself to throw them out.  It seemed like such a waste!  But what could I do with them to commemorate their big day? 
My family has also taken up the challenge of giving Christmas gifts for $5 or less.......
This was my first attempt:

I know, not that great.  Although I can't bring myself to throw this out, as I might be able to add to it and salvage it.
Well, wasn't what I wanted.  I walked outside and grabbed a few more vines and wound them into a wreath, wrapped it in purple ribbon and tried 2 rows of wheat, and a few more pieces of potpourri.  I think it looks a lot better.  I'm still not convinced it can't be improved, but it's much better.  I might even give it to them.  And all it cost me was about 20 cents in glue sticks.

hanging on my wall for now

close up so you can really see the wheat and potpourri.
Any ideas on how to make it better?  I'd love to hear them!
And I still have plenty of ribbon, potpourri, and a little wheat left over.  What else can I create?

No comments:

Post a Comment