Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin seeds

Remember the all-in-a-pumpkin recipe I shared?  Well, that pumpkin also yielded a lot of pumpkin seeds.  I couldn't throw them out!  I don't know about you, but I love pumpkin seeds.  I look forward to carving a pumpkin for just that reason.  (Well, I like to carve pumpkins for the fun of it too)
Well, I was pretty bummed that I didn't get a pumpkin to carve this year, so when I got that recipe I was very excited about the seeds, thinking if the recipe was a bust, at least I'll get the seeds.  The recipe was fantastic, and the left overs tasted great too (whew!) Now, I usually roast the seeds with a lot of salt.  It's what I"ve always done.  This year I decided to think outside the box.  I roasted my seeds with a mix of sugar and pumpkin spices.  I have to say, it's different, but I really like it!  I have one more pumpkin and I'll be thinking outside the box on those seeds too.  I haven't decided yet, but if it comes out well I'll definitely share the ideas.
What new recipes have you created or tried lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment