Monday, October 3, 2011

Ocean

I spent the weekend in York Beach Maine for a very beautiful wedding.  I drove down early in the day for a couple of reasons, one: I wanted to be there to offer help to my brother and Meghan if they needed someone to help with last minute details etc. and two: I wanted to take a look around York Beach area for photo opportunities.  As you might assume, I've been a little bit interested in taking pictures lately.  My first and somewhat unfortunately only stop was Nubble lighthouse.  I fell in love with the place instantly.  There were many people sitting quietly on benches that were scattered around, and many climbing the rocks looking for that perfect picture, as I was.  I was able to help a family by taking their picture so they could all be in it, and then I was on my way.  Above is a picture of the lighthouse itself which is on it's own little island.
However, I was also fascinated by the ocean and the rocks below me.  Here are some of the pictures I took of the waves crashing and swirling below me.



I did also manage a very quick stop at Long beach on the other side of York Beach when I got lost on my way to the light house.  I got this great picture with a yellow lab running on the beach, unfortunately I missed the picture of the tiny dog giving chase.  I was already in my car and turned in the right direction.
Ah well, and life goes on.  While running errands with my brother we drove by Long beach again and did see this peculiar sight:
There were actually about 50 people skiing on the beach.  It was so surprising that I rolled down my window and snapped this picture as we were driving past.
What have you seen lately that has surprised you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment