Saturday, October 22, 2011

Zen

I have stress in my life, ok, who doesn't?  Well, one thing I decided this summer was I wanted a zen garden.  Where to put it?  How could I afford what I wanted?  Well, I decided to go miniature.  My son and I collect rocks, I particularly look for heart rocks, but if something strikes my fancy I'll grab it too.
Preacher stand
One of my favorite places on earth is my camp.  This place is my "safe place" it is where I go to find peace, heal my soul, and be with God.  While my son and I were there this summer, and at the beach nearby, we collected rocks.  I started to have an idea: I can have a zen box.  When we got home from our week away from the world we set about creating our little piece of heaven.  We got a couple of plain wooden boxes from a craft store, painted them white, Will colored his, I used stickers with inspirational sayings.  Then we filled our boxes with sand (mine is multicolored to remind me of all the elements of camp and the beach) combed the sand with a fork--it's all I had-- and placed our rocks.  Here is my little zen garden in a box, whenever I feel stressed I look in my box and imagine I'm back in that peaceful spot.

I kept my cover very simple

These are 2 of the sides, can you tell I love dragonflies?

This is my zen.  I have blue for the water, tan for the beach/earth, and green for all the trees.
Where do you find your zen?

No comments:

Post a Comment