Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wedding gift

I know I've already talked about my brother's wedding, and if you read my other blog (which you probably don't, and I understand, really I do.)  It was simply the most beautiful experience I've ever been an part of, including my own.  But what I really want to share with you is my wedding gift to them.  I know that Meg likes neutral colors.  (I mean REALLY likes neutral)  Well, I like to crochet, and wanted to give them something unique and special for them, and them alone.  I think it turned out pretty nice, what do you think?


It's a twin size afghan.  Made out of Lionbrand Homespun yarn.  I think this is the softest yarn to work with.  Everything else I buy feels soft until I use it and then it loses something in translation.  The colors I used were deco, cream and barley.
Then there was the card I made them.  I am no painter by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a book called Taking Flight.  This book gives great ideas and techniques that I tried to put to use with this card.  I hope you like it.  I originally started out to paint generic people, but as they took shape they gave me a hint of my brother and Meg.  (granted the groom looks more like Joshua than the bride looks like Meg, but there is a similarity to them.)


I even gave the groom one blue eye and one brown eye, just like my brother. Again, if you look at their picture in the bottom right corner of the card, it is certainly not an exact likeness, but the hint of one is there I think......... I love creating, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment