Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Apples

What?  Well it's been a few days since I've posted anything.  Update: wedding project almost complete.  Otherwise I've been busy with work and child rearing.  I managed to get out and go apple picking.  So inspired to make apple crisps, and lots and lots of apple sauce.  But I also think of all the crafts and art that can and are made with apples.  A great project to do with your child is to make apple prints.  Where you cut the apple in half and stamp it on paper.  What a great idea for wrapping paper!  I've never been into the whole dried apple dolls, but how fascinating to think that people can carve faces out of fruit.  What other arts/crafts do you use apples for?


I even got Will involved and picking only the most perfect apples he could find.


 We found a beautiful dragonfly that wasn't camera shy:


We also tried our hand at candy apples that night.  Will thought they were a great treat for dessert, but very sticky.

 Do apples inspire you?  More on apples later I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment