Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back to childhood

Today I took my son Will to my parents for a short visit.  While there I asked if my parents would watch Will while I took a walk out back.  My dad was skeptical about the walk because of recent rains making it very wet, but I was adamant.  I went out and relived a little but of my childhood.  This little knoll was probably the most popular place for me to play and dream. 
 Walking past that I found the tote road, the beginning of the rest of my playground.  During the winter I would cross country ski, but the summer was a time of discovery.
The ferns were always so lovely when making my bed in secret places.
 And the springy moss made a fine mattress.
 I found unexpected beauty everywhere.


 And the trail leads on.......
Where did you play as a child and did it inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment