Monday, September 12, 2011

mushrooms

I went for a hike up Bradbury Mountain yesterday.  Wow, I can't remember the last time I made it all the way to the summit.  What a beautiful view.


Though the view was breathtaking from the top, I found just as much inspiration along the way.




The most fascinating was the mushrooms.  I have been seeing them everywhere this year.  I don't think I ever realized how many different varieties there really are .   While walking up the mountain, albeit the easy trails,  I stopped to take pictures along the way.  I took the summit trail back from the top.  This is a very rocky and steep trail.  As I stopped to take some pictures of the mushrooms I found a very kind older gentleman stopped.  We struck up a conversation about the mushrooms.  He seemed very interested that I would take the time to takes pictures of them.  He was also very concerned that I might take my fascination too far and eat one.  I assured him that while I do like mushrooms, the only ones I eat come from a grocery store.  Wildlife of all kinds are only for pictures and to enjoy from afar.  He seemed relieved with my answer and we soon parted ways.  What a nice man he is to take the time to caution a fellow person on the dangers of mushrooms.





Where will you travel today?  And what beauty will you find there?

No comments:

Post a Comment