Friday, September 9, 2011

More pictures

As you might have noticed, this summer has mainly been about the photography.  I took many pictures this summer of flowers.  I don't know why I was moved to do so, I just was.  I've never been overly interested in flowers before, but this summer was different.  So I had my phone and camera with me almost constantly.  I snapped pictures of the flowers in my yard, my parents yard, my clients yard.  I even went to gardening stores as well as snapping a few at Trader Joe's.  But what was I to do with all these pictures?  Now, I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination.  No training, just point and shoot and hope for the best.  I have to say, some came out amazing.  I was actually impressed with myself.  But I still didn't know what to do with them.  I have a few ideas kicking around for future projects, but still.....  Then I walked into my massage room in my house and looked at the blank wall.  Eureka!  I have it.  When I go shopping I always see these large collage frames.  I found one that filled the wall beautifully and this is the result.  Hope you like it as much as I do.
Trust me, it looks better in person.  I should know.  I now walk in there just to look at the pictures.  My father, who is a brilliant photographer, suggested that I take pictures in every season, so I can switch them out throughout the year.  What a great idea!  I'm already thinking of what to do for the other 3 seasons.  More to follow on that as the year progresses.
I played around with my new software last night.  My son even played with it too.  He was so delighted with all the silly things he can do with our pictures.  I'm sure in a blink of an eye he will be much more adept at navigating this stuff, and producing amazing art himself.  Here is some of what we did last night:
These are Will's:




And here is what I played with:

Have an art-filled day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment